Associate Data Scientist (m/f/d)
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About Corporate Research & Development
Driving progress through research. Providing material solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges and anticipating the needs of our customers requires a high level of investment in research. Umicore’s Group Research capabilities focus on new materials and processes to address the megatrends of resource scarcity and clean mobility. The nature of research and development means that we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
• Carry out data analytics projects from data exploration to building and training customized machine learning models
• Collaborate with different functional teams to implement data-driven models into production and ensure continuous improvements
• Work with stakeholders across the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
• In some cases, act also as project coordinator
• Strengthen own and group’s expertise in the area of data science and machine learning
• Be involved in the IP strategy for the assigned projects
Who we are looking for
An analytical colleague with:
• Master’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics or engineering with relevant data science specialization (minimum of 2 years working experience preferred)
• Thorough knowledge of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree, artificial neural networks etc.) and their real-world advantages / drawbacks
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, discriminant analysis etc.)
• Good coding knowledge and hands-on experience in Python
• Understanding of cloud deployment, experience in Azure Databricks, MLflow and Azure Machine Learning (preferred)
• Good networker with an eye for customer centricity
• Interest in and exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology
• Good oral and written English communication skills, Dutch, French, German, Korean, Japanese, Chinese capabilities are an asset
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive - benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Imagine what you could do?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: Karriere l Umicore Deutschland | Umicore
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Mr. Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang