APP SDK 2.4 support

I understand some small changes have been made with the OpenCL ICD that change the behavior of clGetDeviceIDs() in APP SDK 2.4. Before I upgrade I figured I should ask if the current version of JOCL supports the new SDK.

Hello

Admittedly, I have not yet tested the latest version. I don’t think that there should be problems, but I can’t promise it.
Which change of clGetDeviceIDs do you refer to?
In doubt (or if you just try and encounter problems) I could probably provide an updated build for Win32/64 end of this week, but other builds (and an update on the site and maven repo) might take a while, I’m rather busy at the moment.

bye

Ha - „at the moment“ - that was funny :wink:

Thanks for the quick reply and for your work on this project, it has been a huge help to me. Anyway I tested SDK 2.4/Catalyst 11.4 and everything appears to be working fine. Looking over the changes (more info here) I don’t really see anything needing to be done on the API side, and my own code didn’t do the now-disallowed stuff. Specifically it is now not allowed to call clCreateContextFromType() with no context properties specified or clGetDeviceIDs() with NULL for the platform.

Cheers, and thanks again.

As far as I can see, you are referring to changes that already have been introduced with the step from 2.2 to 2.3, so it should work with the current version.