Can't find /lib/libJOCL-linux-x86.so

Hi,

I have a NVida graphic card and I would like to use it for serious computations. I downloaded a driver from NVida webside and installed JOCL bindings. I downloaded one of the demo programs and compiled it. The program however does not run because:

Error while loading native library “JOCL-linux-x86” with base name “JOCL”
Operating system name: Linux
Architecture : i386
Architecture bit size: 32
Stack trace from the attempt to load the library as a resource:
java.lang.NullPointerException: No resource found with name ‘/lib/libJOCL-linux-x86.so’
at org.jocl.LibUtils.loadLibraryResource(LibUtils.java:139)
at org.jocl.LibUtils.loadLibrary(LibUtils.java:83)
at org.jocl.CL.(CL.java:47)
at JOCLSample.main(JOCLSample.java:50)
Stack trace from the attempt to load the library as a file:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no JOCL-linux-x86 in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1681)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:840)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1047)
at org.jocl.LibUtils.loadLibrary(LibUtils.java:93)
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load the native library
at org.jocl.LibUtils.loadLibrary(LibUtils.java:117)

Trying to solve it I did the following:

• I am positive that “JOCL-0.1.4d.jar” file is properly added to classpath; /lib/libJOCL-linux-x86_64.so for sure is inside this jar
  • I also extracted libJOCL-linux-x86_64.so form the jar and used a respective -Djava.library.path= command.
  • The library is also on my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  • I also run ldconfig to index this library

bit the problem persists

Hello

The 32bit binaries for Linux are not included in the current release (namely, in the JAR file).

I rarely have access to a Linux32 machine, but I think can try to compile the Lib this weekend. Alternatively, you may try compiling it on your own: The source code package contains a makefile, and it should be done by just running ‘make’. The resulting lib may then be added to the main project path or the java.library.path. Otherwise, I’ll try to upload the library early next week.

bye
Marco

Hello

I have uploaded an updated JAR file of version 0.1.4d, which now also contains the Linux 32bit libraries. You may want to give it a try.

bye
Marco