Common or Core?

Hi all!
I have started evalutating the dockingframes packages and I very much like this docking framework.
I have noticed the differences between the core-functionality and the common-functionality. I have started experimenting with the core-classes and very quickly got to results.
Now that I know that there are more features in the common-packages I would like to switch to that. Unfortunately, the CControl-class only accepts a JFrame, which is (very well) documented in the tutorials.

My question now is like follows: Can I in any way also work with the common-classes when I just want to apply docking functionality to specific JComponents (e.g. JPanel) as it is possible for the core-classes? The only restriction for using the common-classes is that I need to apply the docking to the main frame, which I do not want.

Is there any way around that or do I need to stick to core-classes and implement all the nice features of common by myself?

Thanks for your help!
Regards,
grml

A window is required as parent for dialogs or popup menus… with 1.0.8 you can use a WindowProvider like this: Component panel = ... ComponentWindowProvider provider = new ComponentWindowProvider( panel ); CControl control = new CControl( provider );