DockingFrames not useable with Java modules

I have a program with the following sniplets:

public class TestDocking extends javax.swing.JFrame {
CControl control = null;

control = new CControl( this );
CToolbarContentArea area = new CToolbarContentArea( control, „base“ );

with docking-frames-common.jar and docking-frames-ext-toolbar-common.jar in the CLASSPATH.
It compiles and executes ok.

If I change it to usint Java modules, i.e. creating a module-info file

module Test {
requires java.desktop;
requires java.logging;

requires docking.frames.common;
requires docking.frames.ext.toolbar.common;

}

the program still compiles but at execution time there is an exception caused by the line
control = new CControl(this);

Exception in thread „AWT-EventQueue-0“ java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: bibliothek/gui/dock/toolbar/ToolbarDockFrontendExtension
at bibliothek.gui.ToolbarExtension.createFrontendExtensions(Unknown Source)
at bibliothek.gui.ToolbarExtension.load(Unknown Source)
at bibliothek.gui.dock.util.extension.ExtensionManager.load(ExtensionManager.java:133)
at bibliothek.gui.DockFrontend.(DockFrontend.java:354)
at bibliothek.gui.DockFrontend.(DockFrontend.java:295)
at docking.frames.common/bibliothek.gui.dock.common.intern.CDockFrontend.(CDockFrontend.java:64)
at docking.frames.common/bibliothek.gui.dock.common.intern.EfficientControlFactory.createFrontend(EfficientControlFactory.java:53)
at docking.frames.common/bibliothek.gui.dock.common.CControl.init(CControl.java:515)
at docking.frames.common/bibliothek.gui.dock.common.CControl.(CControl.java:483)
at docking.frames.common/bibliothek.gui.dock.common.CControl.(CControl.java:467)
at docking.frames.common/bibliothek.gui.dock.common.CControl.(CControl.java:412)
at docking.frames.common/bibliothek.gui.dock.common.CControl.(CControl.java:389)
at Test2/test2.TestDocking.(TestDocking.java:40)
at Test2/test2.TestDocking$11.run(TestDocking.java:611)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:316)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:770)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:740)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: bibliothek.gui.dock.toolbar.ToolbarDockFrontendExtension
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:606)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:168)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
… 27 more

Thanks for helping.
Regards
Helmut

Uh, sorry, you are on your own. :slight_smile: I’ve never worked with the modules from Java 11. When Oracle bought Sun I jumped from Java 8 directly to Kotlin… never even installed Java 11.

Feel free to unpack, repack (creating one big jar-file might be a solution :stuck_out_tongue: ) and modify the manifest of the jar files… if you find a solution to fix the modules let me know, and I may include it in the framework.

:cry: I will try

1 „Gefällt mir“