JCUDA:nvcc : fatal error : Cannot find compiler 'cl.exe' in PATH

I have download the JCUDA packages and install the CUDA 5.0 toolkits properly. Everything works fine in VS 2010. However, there was error message in JAVA based on JCUDA as:
errorMessage:
nvcc : fatal error : Cannot find compiler ‘cl.exe’ in PATH
I tried to reset the environment variables based on the previous records. It does not help.
please help me

Hello

What happens if you open a Command Line Console and just type “cl”? Or if you explicitly start the “nvcc.exe” from the CUDA SDK?

bye
Marco

thanks very much
But I have tried to explicitly start the “nvcc.exe” by directly clicking the icon.
it just flashed and disappeared. And the problem isn’t solved.

[QUOTE=Marco13]Hello

What happens if you open a Command Line Console and just type “cl”? Or if you explicitly start the “nvcc.exe” from the CUDA SDK?

bye
Marco[/QUOTE]

thanks very miuch
I am sorry that I am a fresh hand and I don’t quite understand “open a Command Line Console and just type “cl”” could you please elaborate it in detail?
sorry for the the trouble.

[QUOTE=Marco13]Hello

bye
Marco[/QUOTE]

Hi

Depending on your Operating System (I assume it is Windows XP or 7), use
Start -> Execute… -> Enter “cmd” in the dialog
(or, for Win7, directly enter “cmd” in this text field in the start menu)

This will open some black screen with some white text in it, the “Console”. There you type
cl
and press ENTER.

If it prints any error message, the Environment Variables (namely, the PATH) are not set up properly.

If if does NOT print an error message, we can proceed…

bye

Thanks for your elaboration. I understand it now
And I have fixed the problem since I found the Visual Studio bin folder path is missing in the Envioronmental variables
Thanks a lot for helping me.

[QUOTE=Marco13]Hi

Depending on your Operating System (I assume it is Windows XP or 7), use
Start -> Execute… -> Enter “cmd” in the dialog
(or, for Win7, directly enter “cmd” in this text field in the start menu)

This will open some black screen with some white text in it, the “Console”. There you type
cl
and press ENTER.

If it prints any error message, the Environment Variables (namely, the PATH) are not set up properly.

If if does NOT print an error message, we can proceed…

bye[/QUOTE]