JOCL Cloth simulation demo

Hello everybody,

A small demo application showing a cloth simulation with OpenCL has been uploaded: http://www.jocl.org/cloth/cloth.html

Connents, suggestions and feedback would be welcome.

bye
Marco

I am unable to run the sample on Mac OSX Lion. I am getting an error:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:58)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL30.glGenVertexArrays(GL30.java:1536)
at de.javagl.simplerenderer.lwjgl.SimpleRendererLWJGL.addSimpleObjectInternal(SimpleRendererLWJGL.java:355)
at de.javagl.simplerenderer.AbstractSimpleRenderer$1.run(AbstractSimpleRenderer.java:446)
at de.javagl.simplerenderer.AbstractSimpleRenderer$4.run(AbstractSimpleRenderer.java:580)
at de.javagl.simplerenderer.AbstractSimpleRenderer.processTasks(AbstractSimpleRenderer.java:411)
at de.javagl.simplerenderer.AbstractSimpleRenderer.render(AbstractSimpleRenderer.java:351)
at de.javagl.simplerenderer.lwjgl.SimpleRendererLWJGL.access$0(SimpleRendererLWJGL.java:1)
at de.javagl.simplerenderer.lwjgl.SimpleRendererLWJGL$1$1.paintGL(SimpleRendererLWJGL.java:161)

I am on OSX Lion 10.7.2, Java 1.6.0_26-b03-383-11A511. I have AMD Radeon HD 6750M on my macbook pro. I tried setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and java.library.path but I get the same error. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Thanks
Phaneesh

Hello

This error ist not related to JOCL or OpenCL, but to OpenGL: It seems that your OpenGL version does not support the „glGenVertexArrays“ function of OpenGL 3.0. Possibly someone in a specific OpenGL/LWJGL forum can give any hints here. I have only made a websearch about Vertex Array Object support on MacOS, and in this thread http://www.java-gaming.org/index.php?topic=24692.0 someone states that as of August 2011, MacOS does not support OpenGL >= 3.0 at all, but it’s hard for me to believe this is true… :confused:

bye
Marco

Ouch! That hurts :frowning: Hard to believe but true… 10.7.2 supports OpenGL version 2.1 (100%) and >= 3.0 there is less than partial support… what a bummer… Guess I will have to continue work on GPGPU on a linux box after all. Thanks a ton for your reply.

Thanks
Phaneesh

Hm - sorry about that. Maybe I can try to “downgrade” it to use only OpenGL 2.1. All of the GL-specific parts are in the ‘simplerenderer’ JAR, so it might be possible to replace this JAR with a fallback version.
Apart from that, I’d also be happy to hear about your experiences on Linux (I could not really test the full program on a linux machine).