Npe

Hi,

I’m getting the below null pointer exception.

java.lang.NullPointerException
                at glass.eclipse.theme.CGlassEclipseTabPainter.getGlassParameterFactory(CGlassEclipseTabPainter.java:129)
                at glass.eclipse.theme.CGlassEclipseTabPainter.updateGlass(CGlassEclipseTabPainter.java:315)
                at glass.eclipse.theme.CGlassEclipseTabPainter.update(CGlassEclipseTabPainter.java:299)
                at glass.eclipse.theme.CGlassEclipseTabPainter.updateFocus(CGlassEclipseTabPainter.java:227)
                at bibliothek.extension.gui.dock.theme.eclipse.stack.tab.BaseTabComponent.setFocused(BaseTabComponent.java:457)
                at bibliothek.extension.gui.dock.theme.eclipse.stack.EclipseTab.informFocusChanged(EclipseTab.java:208)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.station.stack.tab.AbstractTab$2.dockableFocused(AbstractTab.java:93)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.control.focus.AbstractFocusController.fireDockableFocused(AbstractFocusController.java:199)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.control.DefaultFocusController.execute(DefaultFocusController.java:221)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.control.DefaultFocusController$Request.run(DefaultFocusController.java:321)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.control.DefaultFocusController$Request.enqueue(DefaultFocusController.java:274)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.control.DefaultFocusController.grant(DefaultFocusController.java:238)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.control.DefaultFocusController.execute(DefaultFocusController.java:208)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.control.DefaultFocusController$Request.run(DefaultFocusController.java:321)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.control.DefaultFocusController$Request.enqueue(DefaultFocusController.java:274)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.control.DefaultFocusController.enqueue(DefaultFocusController.java:126)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.control.DefaultFocusController.setFocusedDockable(DefaultFocusController.java:106)
                at bibliothek.gui.DockController.setFocusedDockable(DockController.java:970)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.common.intern.CDockController.setFocusedDockable(CDockController.java:70)
                at bibliothek.gui.DockController.setFocusedDockable(DockController.java:952)
                at bibliothek.gui.dock.common.intern.AbstractCDockable.toFront(AbstractCDockable.java:335)

Could you please advise?

Thx

Well… the exception happens because the “controller” property of CGlassEclipseTabPainter is null. This means at some time the property is either not set when it should be set, or cleaned when it should not. Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the bug, so I’m missing some setting that leads to this error.

With a certainty of 99.9%, this is a bug of the framework.

Does this exception happen always?
How does your application look like? If it is not too big or secret, I would like to examine a copy. A zip file would be nice, or just the code that reproduces the exception.
Do you set any special settings?
Do you need to click anywhere for this to happen?

Hi,

yes, this was a bug in the glass-extension. I’m using a glass factory which controls the look of the glass effect. There were some minor implementation errors which I have fixed now.

@Beni:
I’ve corrected this bug and added a new renderer for minimized dockables. I’ve commited my changes to the GIT-Rep.

Regards

Thanks Thomas, I’ll merge it with master.